Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25

Chapter 18 pt. 4

The Rule of Benedict June 25

Benedict places a high value on covering all the Psalms in the Divine Office.  I believe this is because the Psalms serve a central role in his vision of spiritual formation.  In our order, I wonder if one way we can honor this value is to eventually discern a schedule according to which we can cover the entire Psalter while praying only one or two offices a day.  We have a very good example of such a schedule in the Daily Office at the back of our own Book of Common Prayer.


Over the last several months I have been using the BCP Daily Office arrangement of Psalms for Morning and Evening inserted into Lauds and Vespers from the Breviary.  It has provided for me some needed expansion of Psalm repertoire in my daily prayer practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment