Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29

Chapter 7 pt. 4

The Rule of St. Benedict May 29

As the Prior of The Community of St. Mary of the Annunciation, my vow of obedience was taken to Holy Scripture, to the Rule, and to Jesus Christ himself as my Shepherd.  Self-will is forbidden to me every bit as much as it is forbidden to those who give their obedience to me as the shepherd of this community of canons.  Accepting this role as one who receives a vow of obedience from others is not what I would choose.  I do not desire that others obey me.  I feel unworthy to hold such trust.  Yet, I stood and witnessed Br. Rawleigh's vows, and I will do the same for Ronda this Saturday, as an act of obedience, not as an act of my own will.  I have been called to stand up and allow my soul to be the icon through which each member of this community gives up his or her self-will to Christ.

May God be my help.

Amen.

Br. Chad 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment