Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4

The Third Sunday of Easter

The Rule of St. Benedict: Prologue pt. 3


To God's call for a worker among the multitude who desires true life that lasts forever I have answered, "I am he."

This true life is the Resurrection here and now in my life.  But if I am to walk on the path of life, I must experience the death of my old ways of being and know the power of God who raises to new life.  I must give myself over to Christ's own difficult, painful, life-giving cycle.  

There is, indeed, nothing sweeter than the compassionate voice of our Lord calling us, hand outstretched, inviting us to place our feet on his path of life by way of death.

I will have life.  I desire to see good days.  I will keep my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile.  I will turn away from evil and do good.  I will seek after peace and pursue it.

Your eyes are upon me.  Your ears are open to my prayer.  Thank you for whispering your "Behold, here I am" within me before I could so much as open myself to call upon you.

Br. Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment