Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 28

The Octave of Easter: Thursday


Chapter 70

The Rule of Benedict April 28

Since this chapter gives clear instruction that the care of children is the responsibility of all, I would like to share with you all that Isaac has recently begun to express a desire to take up his identity as a Christian.  I cannot give an exhaustive account of why, but it has become clear that he has been very struck by Jana's and my practices of prayer and the wearing of our crosses as well as by his cousins' writing in the Lenten devotional and the experience of Holy Week and Easter.  I invite you all to talk with him about the cross he is wearing, which was a gift at his baptism, and share with him about your own practices and identity as a Christian and as a Benedictine.  He is earnest and impressionable, as are all of our children, and I am filled with hope as he encounters the Christ that you each will be for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment