Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 17

Chapter 62

The Rule of Benedict December 17

As I wrote in August, this passage underscores my vocational calling as I am hearing it.  The call to the religious priesthood is not a common calling for an Episcopalian.  In fact, in our diocese, it is unprecedented.  As I meet with the Bishop and with the Commission on Ministry just after the New Year, I ask for your prayers that I may be given clarity and wisdom to share my story in such a way that my calling can be heard.

Speaking of Wisdom, read Fr. Richard Rohr's reflection from today about the monastic tradition that begins today, December 17.  The "O Antiphons" he refers to are the verses to "O Come, o come Emmanuel," which explains the dates in front of the verses in the hymnal.

Fr. Rohr December 17

No comments:

Post a Comment